Hydraulic Generator Standard System
Ratings Available: 3.0 kW thru 40 kW
WHAT IS A HYDRAULIC GENERATOR?
A hydraulic generator uses a hydraulic motor to replace the large, heavy, gas or diesel motor found on traditional generators. On average a hydraulic generator is 50% lighter and smaller; it’s quieter, more reliable, virtually maintenance-free and there’s no pollution or carbon exhaust.
Using the existing onboard power train, energy is transferred to the hydraulic generator through the hydraulic fluid. Because it’s not limited by big diesel or gas engines, drive shafts or drive belts, you can put the hydraulic generator anywhere.
WHY HARRISON GENERATORS?
Harrison Hydraulically Driven Generators are manufactured in the USA. Our hydraulic generators are powered by PREMIUM hydraulic motors and controlled by our proprietary manifold, eliminating the need and the cost for remotely mounted valves, manifolds, and hoses.
Advantages of a hydraulic generator
High-quality electricity from hydraulics
A hydraulic generator transforms the hydraulic power of a working machine into high-quality electricity with great efficiency. The electricity is suitable for all-electric equipment from small devices to heavy work tools.
Power wherever, whenever
When a working machine is equipped with a hydraulic generator, electric power for any purpose is always guaranteed, no matter where you are. Because of its compact size, the generator can be installed on many kinds of machines, of any size. Unlike old-fashioned generator units, the hydraulic generator produces electricity anytime during everyday work. This makes the cost per kVA very reasonable.
Reliable, durable, and safe
Reliable start and independence of extra fuel are assets of a hydraulic generator. Other benefits include long-running life and great durability. Most of all, the quality of electricity stays constant, thanks to the automatic speed control valve and vibration-free running.
A hydraulic generator, running with the power of the working machine’s hydraulics, guarantees high-quality electricity is always available. The generator can be safely assembled in any hydraulic system. Compared to a combustion engine-driven generator unit of the same output level, a hydraulic generator is half the weight and size. Still, it easily powers up even a large electric motor without any problem.
Features & Benefits
- Cleaner, no carbon exhaust
- Runs much quieter
- System runs cooler
- Reliability is greatly increased
- Maintenance is almost eliminated
- No fuel; less expensive to operate
- Engine power while driving down the road
- Starts in cold weather
- Less expensive to operate
- About 50% lighter
- About 65% smaller
- Design: Brushless, revolving field, two-pole, 3600 rpm for 60 Hz or optional 50 Hz operation
- Rating: See nameplate for individual rating
- Regulation: (+/-)5% voltage regulation from nameplate rating
- Waveform: Harmonic distortion limited to 7%
- Insulation: Class H, 200 degrees F, slot insulation, varnish, and copper windings
- PF: 1.0(unity) for single-phase units
- Type of oil: Use a premium grade hydraulic oil, such as Mobile DTE series oil or an equivalent
- Viscosity: Optimum operating viscosity is ISO 46 for best performance in all conditions
- Capacity: The reservoir capacity will vary with each generator. Please see the "Reservoir Capacity" in the generator specifications.
Complete Systems by kW Availability
Product ComparisonStinger 3.0
Product ComparisonAvenger MDS